- Luci Bains Johnson and her husband donated $1 million to the UT School of Nursing, according to the Statesman.
- Three Travis County parks were closed—the third weekend in a row for at least one of them—due to overcrowding, CBS Austin reports.
- Texas will most likely tap the rainy day fund to deal with the pandemic, the Texas Tribune says, but probably not all that soon.
- JuiceLand may get rid of dining rooms permanently, its CEO tells the ABJ, as the local chain installs to-go windows in locations around town. ($)
- A little more on that Dallas salon owner, who has now cut Ted Cruz's hair and banked half a million dollars in the form of a Go Fund Me campaign run by a group called the "Woke Patriots," from Texas Monthly.
Tesla has filed plans to build a 30,000-square-foot showroom and vehicle service center at The Yard, a creative business center in south Austin.
Austin's new infusion center offers free antibody treatment to COVID patients—but capacity remains limited
More than 120 COVID-19 patients have received the monoclonal antibodies treatment, Regeneron, at the Austin Regional Infusion Center in Montopolis since it opened on Jan. 6.
This comes as good news to John Doucette, a 52-year-old realtor who, for the last six months, has participated in a Regeneron clinical trial conducted by the Austin-based company Benchmark Research.
- Austin opens COVID field hospital as ICUs near capacity - austonia ›
- We Are Blood requests funding for convalescent plasma program ... ›
- Plasma may help COVID-19, Austin doctors say as they join national ... ›
- Antibody tests show up in Austin, but not all are FDA approved ... ›