TikTok is the latest social media platform building roots in Austin. The Austin Business Journal reports that the video-sharing app has signed a lease for 125,000 square feet of downtown office space.
With this move into 300 Colorado St., TikTok is set to join Meta and Google with a downtown presence. The skyscraper was finished in 2021 and has about 353,000 square feet in total, with TikTok occupying the top six floors, unidentified people familiar with the matter told ABJ.
TikTok is also making masses of hires with 97 open positions in Austin with roles ranging from marketing and sales to product and corporate support.
TikTok, owned by ByteDance Ltd., is moving onto turf of other tech giants in Austin at a time when it’s outperforming them. Data at the end of last year found TikTok surpassed Google, Facebook and Apple in a ranking of the most popular websites. And Meta reported a notable dip in profits in its most recent quarter report.
Austin’s popularity is not just inside the tech giants, however. On a user level, many popular accounts and creators like Chupie the cat and Bastrop Cattle Co. are based in Central Texas and videos with the Austin hashtag have 1.7 billion views.
Wind of TikTok moving into downtown has been floating around since last summer. In the meantime, some employees have reportedly been using a co-working space in Austin.
- TikTok could build headquarters in Austin, Texas - austonia ›
- Austin students trash restrooms as part of new TikTok trend - austonia ›
- TikTok eyes office tower in downtown austin - austonia ›
- Austin artist attracts millions of views on TikTok - austonia ›
- Bastrop Cattle Co. finds 'significant' success using TikTok - austonia ›
- Austin baker sells out in minutes after his sweet roll TikTok goes viral ›
- TikTok to hire hundreds in Austin despite executive order - austonia ›
- Austin TikTok jobs put in jeopardy due to executive order - austonia ›
- Cielo breaking ground on Downtown Austin 46-story tower - austonia ›
- 43 story office tower coming to downtown Austin - austonia ›
- Meta expands Texas presence with a data center in Temple - austonia ›
- Round Rock to gain Sabey data center in early 2023 - austonia ›
- Lead architect behind new Meta tower gives inside look into soon-to-be tallest building in Austin - austonia ›
Show your love for Tito's and for the community this year with a wide selection of not that ugly, uglyish, ugly, uglier, and ugliest holiday sweaters.
There's lots choose from, and plenty of accessories like scarves and socks, plus gear for your dog, too.
All of the items can be purchased online or at the Love, Tito’s Retail Store in Austin, TX. 100% of all net proceeds from online or in-store purchases go to one of the nonprofits we’ve teamed up with.
🗓 All weekend
Check out this highly anticipated art exhibition with illuminated art along Waller Creek. Tickets are free and the event includes food vendors, dazzling lights, live music, and hands-on activities
All weekend 6 p.m - 10 p.m | 📍Waterloo Park
This iconic holiday tradition lights up for the first time this holiday season starting this weekend! Reserve your spot for an enchanting light and sound performance, delicious hot cocoa, sweet treats, and some overall fun with your friends or family. The show runs till January 6th.
6 p.m and 9 p.m | 📍Mozart's Coffee Roasters - 3825 Lake Austin Blvd, Austin, TX 78703
This fitness event is free and open to the public. Get your morning started right with a "Fitness in the park" class for kickboxing! The class will be led by certified instructors and is a great way to get a cardio workout in while also honing your self-defense skills.
10 a.m - 11 a.m | 📍 Metz Park
Support local LBGTQ+ and female artists at this outdoor market with over 150 vendors. Get your holiday shopping out of the way at this event, with vendors for food trucks, handmade goods, raffles, hands on workshops and activities, and more.
Did someone say cheese?! If you're like me and always willing to get your hands on a bowl of mac and cheese, then this event is for you. Check out the Mac and Cheese festival happening this weekend to decide which vendor has. the best mac and cheese for yourself, and enjoy the bar with creative cocktails while you're at it. Tickets start at $45.
11 a.m - 3 p.m | 📍Lantana Place - 7415 Southwest Parkway