As COVID-19 cases continue to hit all-time highs, Texas Gov. Greg Abbott has paused and taken a step back on the reopening of the Texas economy.
Video by Ethan Hunt
Rumors are circulating that podcast comedian Joe Rogan is moving to Austin, an idea he's floated on his show.
Protests over police violence took place Sunday despite the formal cancellation of the event. Protesters shut down I-35, and police used tear gas and rubber bullets.
- 'This is a national issue’: Reckoning with police brutality and race arrives in Austin’s affluent suburbs - austonia ›
- Protests in Austin suburbs bring reckoning on police brutality - austonia ›
- AJC demonstration against police brutality at Huston-Tillotson - austonia ›
Large crowds, record business for some bars, parks and paddleboards as Austin rushes back outside amid Texas reopening
#Austin 6th street, May 22nd The first day bars have been offically allowed to open. I clocked a thousand + in t… https://t.co/7Iten73QG1— Taylor Blount (@Taylor Blount)1590222355.0
Sixth Street bars were flooded with people over the first weekend that they have been open in more than two months.
Several groups in Texas have recently sued to expand access to mail-in voting, arguing that a pandemic might keep people away from the polls.
But the state is pushing back with the stance that fear of contracting coronavirus should not qualify voters to request mail-in ballots.
We want to know what you think.
- Devastated Austin tourism may take years to recover - austonia ›
- Bad vibes: Austin fears for fate of ACL—official word: 'too early to tell ... ›
- City marks $1.5M in relief funds for Austin musicians - austonia ›