Welcome to austonia.com, a new local news site for Austin. We're local people producing local stories. 100% free for news, trends, controversies, celebrities. Sign up for daily updates to get our latest stories in your inbox.
It seems like a simple question: When will movie theaters reopen in Austin and elsewhere, and when will we be able to see the traditional summer blockbusters?
(Warner Bros.<p class="caption"><em>Robert Pattinson and John David Washington star in Christopher Nolan's movie, "Tenet." (Warner Bros.)</em></p><p><em></em>Cinemark's mention of "Tenet" is key. It's a major Warner Bros. release, with a budget of around $200 million, according to various industry sources, and if lots of theaters aren't in a position to be open by mid-July, then it might be pushed to a later date. And that would probably delay the opening of theaters even longer. </p><p>So far, Warner Bros. is sticking with the July 17 release date, but a new trailer released online in late May does not mention a specific date for a theatrical debut. And that has set off a new round of internet speculation about whether the movie will be pushed back to August or even later.</p>
- Blue Starlite Drive-In theater sees booming business in social ... ›
- Fabric face coverings will be 'longstanding requirement' in Austin ... ›
- Restaurants and retailers, movies and museums: Some life returns ... ›
- Alamo Drafthouse will require masks when it reopens - austonia ›
- Alamo Drafthouse shares safety procedures for reopening - austonia ›
- Alamo Drafthouse to lay off furloughed workers - austonia ›