The concert has been canceled, Fox 7 reports.
There is at least one holiday weekend event that hasn't yet been canceled: the Emerald Point Bar & Grill on Lake Travis still plans to have the 90s rapper Vanilla Ice perform on Friday night.
The lakeside establishment is considered a restaurant under Gov. Greg Abbott's executive order that required bars to close, because it makes more than 51% of gross receipts from food, according to the Austin Chronicle, which first reported the event.
The venue organizer told the Texas Tribune Wednesday night that only 84 tickets had been sold, and that concert would be capped at 450 people.
Another 90s favorite, Color Me Badd, is still set to perform Saturday at Emerald Point.
- Abbott expands local authority to restrict large outdoor gatherings ... ›
- Austin Fourth of July concert and fireworks canceled - austonia ›
- Austin closes Barton Springs and Deep Eddy - austonia ›
- Gov. Abbott pauses Texas reopening as COVID-19 cases surge ... ›
The Travis Central Appraisal District has identified a new market data source that will allow it to reappraise residential properties in 2021 after a legal dispute with the Austin Board of Realtors prevented the district from doing so this year.
- City of Austin home sales down 33% in April, but prices rise sharply ... ›
- Appraisal review board plans for pandemic-era hearings - austonia ›
- Coronavirus pushes TCAD online as appraisal district prepares for ... ›
Austin's self-made millionaire Kendra Scott turned the city skyline yellow this week in celebration of her "Shark Tank" debut.
- Austin Kendra Scott selling earrings designed by UT students ... ›
- Kendra Scott to begin teaching at the University of Texas soon ... ›
- Local billionaire Kendra Scott takes seat on ABC Shark Tank ... ›
43% of registered voters have cast their ballots in Travis County—with eight days of early voting to go
More than 43% of registered Travis County residents voted early in person or had their mail-in ballots received between Oct. 13 and Thursday, with eight more days to go before the early voting period ends on Oct. 30.
- Travis County sees near-record turnout on first day of early voting ... ›
- Austin businesses reward you for voting early in Travis County ... ›
- Where to vote early in Travis County in the 2020 election - austonia ›
- Travis County's early voting polling places ranked by turnout - austonia ›
- Travis County sees high turnout on first day of early voting - austonia ›
Saturday, the Texas Longhorns will face one of its oldest rivals—Baylor—in a matchup that has all the makings of a do-or-die game for the Longhorn season.
- Texas Longhorns jump into AP's top 10 after Saturday win - austonia ›
- Excitement, tensions build as Austin expects 18k fans at first Texas ... ›
As fall progresses, Texas public school superintendents are realizing that virtual instruction simply is not working for thousands of students across the state.
Austin may receive fall weather in the form of not just one but two cold fronts in the coming days.
- Hurricane Laura may bring little rain to Austin, while Austin sends ... ›
- Heat wave shows up in Austin this weekend—and stays - austonia ›
- Blistering weather ahead: Austin temps could reach 107 every day ... ›
Daniel Perry, the active-duty Army sergeant who says he shot armed Black Lives Matter protester Garrett Foster in self-defense while driving for Uber, took a lie detector test for the incident that happened in July .
- A heavy police presence marked Saturday's protest in downtown ... ›
- Austin protesters clash with police after Garrett Foster's death ... ›
- Man who shot Garrett Foster reveals identity - austonia ›
- Perry's attorney shared photos that he says show damage inflicted ... ›
- Perry was driving for Uber when he shot BLM protestor Foster ... ›