For those still mourning the loss of Austin City Limits 2020, fear not, as the festival goes digital this year.
Though no dates or lineups have been announced, Emmett Beliveau, a spokesperson for Austin-based company C3 Presents, announced Tuesday, ACL will take a virtual form this year during a livestream for HAAM day, an annual fundraiser benefiting the Health Alliance of Austin Musicians.
"We are working on a very special virtual festival weekend for all of you," Beliveau said on the livestream.
While Beliveau instructed the audience to keep an eye on the ACL website for further information, no update has been posted as of 2 p.m. today.
Sandee Fenton, director of publicity for Fresh and Clean Media and C3, said there is no news as of yet but "details are coming soon."
Although a virtual festival of this size seems like a tall order, C3 already helped put on a virtual Lollapalooza from July 30 to Aug. 2. The event featured big names like Alabama Shakes, Chance the Rapper, Brockhampton, Lorde, Paul McCartney and Austin's own Gary Clark Jr.
While an in-person ACL is out of the question this year, ACL still plans to return in-person in 2021.
- Will ACL be cancelled? Austin FC? UT? F1? Football ›
- Reeling from canceled festivals, Austin's small businesses find new ... ›
- ACL cancels 2020 event, will offer refunds - austonia ›
- Austin musician Jackie Venson hits 1.5 million live streams - austonia ›
Following the purchase of a converted 34-foot-long van, Addicus' Legacy Dog Rescue's pups headed to their forever homes in style during its maiden voyage last week.
- 1 1/2 oz Tito's Handmade Vodka
- 2 oz sparkling water
- 1/2 oz coconut sugar simple syrup
- 1/2 oz lemon juice
- 2-4 kiwi slices, peeled
- 2 basil leaves
Vaccine week 13: Travis County to receive more than 75K doses of vaccine thanks to Johnson & Johnson bump
Eighty-seven providers in Travis County will receive a total of 75,540 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine for the week of March 8 as part of the 13th weekly allocation, a nearly 62% increase compared to last week's. The significant increase is largely due to inclusion of the new Johnson & Johnson vaccine, which received an emergency use authorization from the FDA last weekend.
The bulk will go to hub providers Austin Public Health and UT Health Austin, the clinical wing of Dell Medical School, as well as to Seton Medical Center, which will receive the largest share of this week's shipment. These three providers will either receive doses from Moderna or Pfizer.
- Everything we know about Austin's COVID vaccine rollout - austonia ›
- UT professor played role in Pfizer and Moderna's COVID vaccines ... ›
- A 'handful' of ineligible people got the COVID vaccine in Austin ... ›
- Austin healthcare offering COVID-19 vaccine waitlists - austonia ›
- Complete guide to 5-county Austin-area COVID vaccine providers - austonia ›
- COVID-19 vaccines resume in Austin after weather emergency - austonia ›
- Travis County to vaccinate 3k at COTA drive-thru event - austonia ›
- Will the US reach herd immunity by April? Experts disagree - austonia ›
- Eligible Austinites frustrated by long wait for COVID vaccine - austonia ›