A sigh of relief was felt by Willie Nelson fans everywhere after the music legend posted on social media he received the COVID-19 vaccine.
In a Facebook post yesterday, Nelson shared photos of himself getting the vaccine after Family Hospital Systems originally posted the 87-year-old getting vaccinated on its Facebook page. He encouraged Austinites to get the vaccine and protect the community when they are able.
Although Nelson didn't specify whether or not this was his first dose, fans of his were just glad to see him protected.
if anybody needs some good news today @WillieNelson got his covid vaccine 😍😍😍 https://t.co/mIShGtswIA— Margo Price (@Margo Price)1610653642.0
Nelson has been making headlines all week with South by Southwest announcing yesterday that the singer would make a keynote speech for the first time at this year's virtual festival.
- Willie Nelson & Karen O, "Under Pressure" - austonia ›
- A Night for Austin: Willie Nelson and others raise $531.k - austonia ›
- A Night for Austin: Willie Nelson headlines benefit concert - austonia ›
Californian who wrote viral op-ed attacking Austin life tells Austonia he 'didn't include the positive stuff'
The California exodus has made headlines for several years now, and even more recently, with thousands of West Coasters seeking tax relief, less-expensive real estate and a simpler lifestyle in Texas' capital city.
However, a California man's scathing review of Austin, which was published in Business Insider on Wednesday, reveals that some are less than satisfied with their move.
A handful of lawsuits accusing InfoWars conspiracy theorist Alex Jones of defamation against Sandy Hook victims will be allowed to move forward, despite Jones's attempts to squash them, The Texas Supreme Court ruled Friday.
- New Austinite Joe Rogan visits the Governor's Mansion - austonia ›
- EXCLUSIVE: Joe Rogan teases new Texas podcast studio; locals ... ›
- Alex Jones goes viral yelling at lifeguards at greenbelt entrance ... ›