Lotto fever is reaching a peak here in Texas and it's no surprise why—this drawing's players stand to win $550 million in Powerball and a stupefying $750 million in Mega Millions. Needless to say, many Austinites are trying their luck this time around.
Increased police, an adjourned Legislature and boarded-up storefronts: Austin preps for Inauguration Day protests
After supporters of President Donald Trump stormed the U.S. Capitol in a deadly riot last week, the FBI circulated an internal bulletin warning of armed protests being held at all 50 state capitols at least until Inauguration Day.
Here in Austin, local and state law enforcement officials have ramped up security around the Texas Capitol, the Texas Legislature has adjourned until Jan. 26 and downtown businesses have boarded up their storefronts—again.
- Texas Capitol amps up security after pro-Trump protest - austonia ›
- Gov. Abbott dispatches National Guard to Austin amid election ... ›
- Austin police prepare for election-week protests - austonia ›
- Downtown Austin boards up in anticipation of protests, again ... ›
- Black Pumas bring Austin music to the VP inaugural fundraising ... ›
COVID-19 is still raging on, reaching the Texas House earlier this week, but Austin's tech sector is booming.
Here are some of Austin's most breaking stories, broken down into bite-size pieces, so you can be informed quickly.